Beta-Lift R Technology
Beta-Lift R is an innovative, patented two-step procedure, that starts with the application of a 30% salicylic acid exfoliating peel followed by the in-office application of 0.25% retinol, which can remain on the skin for up to 6 hours. This synergistic procedure combines two highly effective agents for 1) exfoliation and 2) improvement of the appearance of photoaging. The procedure also offers other significant benefits:
- Improved skin clarity and tone
- Reduction in the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Improved appearance of melasma and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation
The Science Behind Beta-Lift R
The foundation of the Beta-Lift R peel is salicylic acid, a beta hydroxy acid. The use of salicylic acid as an exfoliant, delivers several benefits:
- Salicylic acid has constituent properties which make it suitable for use on individuals with sensitive skin and rosacea skin types.
- Because salicylic acid is self-limiting and does not require neutralization, activity is limited and will not damage the deeper layers of the epidermis. This decreases the possibility of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and other pigment changes. It can be used safely for patients of any skin type, Fitzpatrick types I through VI.
- Salicylic acid is lipophilic and concentrates within the pilosebaceous apparatus to dissolve and reduce sebum and helps reduce the appearance of erythema.
- Because basal and suprabasalar kertinocytes, which oxidize and store retinol, are minimally disrupted by salicylic acid, this exfoliating procedure is uniquely able to prime the skin for the subsequent application of retinol.
The second step in Beta-Lift R ist the application of an all-trans retinol solution. When applied after a salicylic acid exfoliating peel, the penetration of retinol into deeper layers of the epidermis is enhanced, further contributing to skin sloughing and the apperance of younger-looking skin.
Benefits for Your Patients
- Safe for patients of any skin type, including Fitzpatrick IV-VI and rosacea
- Cost effective
- Minimal recovery time
- Rapid improvement in the overall appearance of the skin
Impact on Your Practice
Unlike other chemical peels, Beta-Lift R is easy to administer with a process that does not require neutralization or strict timing in order to avoid over peeling. Because the Beta-Lift R peel is a self-limiting procedure, it has increased patient safety and enhanced provider convenience. The technique for performing this sequential combination peel is simple, and the uniformity of application is easily observed. Salicylic acid produces less stinging and improves patient comfort compared to other superficial peel agents.
Beta-Lift R is a quick procedure, has a minimal recovery period, boasts rapid clinical improvements, and can be repeated at 3 to 4 week intervals. Beta-Lift R is a cost-effective modality for physicians and patients that can be used as an initial step to improving the appearance of skin photoaging. Beta-Lift R offers benefits for improving the appearance of photoaging, melasma, and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation and is safe for patients of all skin types, and rosacea, making it a versatile, valuable peel for any practice.
"My patients have been extremely satisfied with the results of Beta-Lift R peels and I have found them to be a cost-effective procedure for improving the appearance of photoaging." --- Mary Lupo, MD, New Orleans, LA
Beta-Lift R, the Theraplex product described above, is intended to meet the FDA's definition of a cosmetic product, an article applied to the human body to cleanse, beautify, promote attractiveness, and alter appearances. This Theraplex product is not intended to be a drug product that diagnoses, treats, cures, or prevents any disease or condition. This product has not been approved by the FDA and the statements above have not been evaluated by the FDA.
Purchasing Beta-Lift R for Your Practice
For More Information OR To Order Beta-Lift R:
Call toll-free: (888) 437-2753
Email: customerservice [at] theraplex [dot] com
Beta-Lift R is For Professional Use Only and can only be sold to licensed physicians