A versatile, in-office, superficial peel procedure, packaged in an all-inclusive kit.
Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid which is safe and effective for use in all skin types. These mild, limited depth peels do not require neutralization and because of their analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties, create minimal discomfort for the patient.
20%, 25% and 30% salicylic acid peel kits
Unlike other deeper peels which can damage the skin by excessively peeling and irritating the sensitive, inner cells of the epidermis and dermis, salicylic acid peels encourage the removal of old, dead cells from the outer stratum corneum layers stimulating the renewal of underlying, younger epidermal cells and improving skin’s appearance.
In addition to improving the appearance of the skin and removing dead skin cells, salicylic acid peels are used adjunctively with acne and rosacea patients.
Minimal side effects may occur and you should take certain precautions
- Salicylic acid peels may result in occasional slight redness and mild, transitory stinging.
- Salicylic acid peels are not recommended for women who are pregnant or nursing.
- Salicylic acid peels are not recommended for patients allergic to aspirin or salicylic acid.
- Keep the salicylic acid solution away from and out of eyes.
Easy to Use
The total procedure takes less than 15 minutes – cleanse the face/skin, use alcohol prep wipes (included in kit) to remove any residual oil, dirt and make-up from the application area, apply the salicylic acid solution, wait 5 minutes and rinse the area, then apply moisturizer (included in kit).
No Patient Downtime
In most cases, the patient can return to their normal activities immediately after the peel procedure.
Salicylic acid peels are a relatively inexpensive procedure for patients. Typically peels are applied in a series at intervals of 4-6 weeks.
Theraplex salicylic acid Peels improve the appearance of:
- Photodamaged Skin
- Acne-Prone Skin
- Post-Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
Theraplex Salicylic Acid Peel Kits contain everything you need:
- 0.3fl. oz. (7.8ml) of salicylic acid solution – either 20%, 25% or 30% - enough to do a complete facial peel with enough extra solution to do the chest or back region as well.
- Alcohol pads for facial cleansing
- Sponge applicator and dispensing cup
- Patient brochure with instructions for after treatment skin care
- 0.75 oz. bottle of Theraplex HydroLotion for post-treatment moisturization
Watch Theraplex SA Peel Demonstrations and Discussions with Mary Lupo, MD, Gary Monheit, MD and Kenneth Beer, MD:
Skin Care Tips
- Use a broad spectrum sunscreen of at least SPF 15 daily – this is a must following a theraplex SA FACIAL PEEL.
- Gently cleanse your face twice daily.
- Apply theraplex HYDROLOTION daily to provide deep moisturization, protection from environmental drying and to minimize the appearance of peeling and flaking.
- Avoid rubbing or picking your skin.
- Treat your skin gently during the post-procedure period. Avoid products or treatments that can be irritating such as granular scrubs or masks that must be pulled or rolled off.
- Wait at least a week before having a professional cleansing treatment or facial.
- Consult your healthcare professional if unexpected conditions occur following the procedure.